Castelli wind bibtight doesn't compromise cold-weather performance. This is the right tight for you if you're on a budget or if your winter riding includes only a few days of truly biting cold. Or if you want a wind tight with extra stretch. The reason this is our entry-level tight is that we swap out the GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® wind protection front for an Italian-made wind protection fabric with a polyester wind membrane. Some brands use this fabric on their top-of-the-line tights.
Compared to the GORE-TEX fabric you give up some breathability, but on the other side you gain extra stretch. Seat pad duties are handled by our Kiss Air2 pad, which is not a huge step down from the X2 — in fact, it's the choice of some of our pro riders. The rest of the tight is pure premium performance: the back of the legs is in our Nano Flex 3G water-repellent fabric from our top-of-the-line tights, and you also have flat-lock seams, YKK® Camlock® zippers at the ankles, and reflective strips on the lower legs.
- AirFlex Thermo fabric on front panels for maximum stretch and total windproofness
- Back in Nano Flex 3G for splash resistance with maximum warmth
- KISS Air2 seat pad for all-day comfort
- Flat-lock seams
- Reflective Castelli logos on lower leg
- Camlock ankle zips with reflective zip cover