The Northwave Vortex Rain Jacket is within the packable lightweight cycling jacket sector, many choices from various brands but one main advantage that the Vortex offers, the DWR rain repellent treatment on the outside of the fabric. Will keep you dry in light to moderate rainfall but the water will eventually come through the seams if your out for a prolonged period of time in the rain.
Super lightweight and packs down very easily for storage in jersey pocket if required.
The fit is a slim fit and a little less unforgiving than race style fits. The front of the jacket sits very high upwards above waist area while the rear has extra length providing splash protection. If your carrying additional turf around the stomach area sizing can be a slight issue as the jacket sits directly on lower stomach. Consider sizing upwards in this situation.
- Windproof water repellent fabric
- DWR water repellent treatment on surface
- Reversed full zip with camlock puller
- The jacket is compact so it packs down easily
- Large reflective prints on the chest, sleeves and back provide outstanding 360° visibility
- Slim fit